You may wish to consult the individual copyright guidelines for your local Historic Environment Record or Sites and Monuments Record before submitting your recording form.
- In England and Scotland, go to: www.heritagegateway.org.uk/Gateway/termsandconditions/default.aspx
- In Northern Ireland, go to: appsc.doeni.gov.uk/ambit/Disclaimer.aspx
- In Wales, go to: www.archwilio.org.uk
You may also wish to consult the copyright guidelines for the National Monuments Records where your site recording data may also be published. For example, in Scotland, recording data from the Home Front Legacy project will be archived by the Royal Commission for Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.
- In England, go to: www.historicengland.org.uk/images-books/archive/archive-services/archive-terms-and-conditions/
- In Northern Ireland, go to: www.doeni.gov.uk
- In Scotland, go to: www.historicenvironment.scot/terms-conditions/
- In Wales, go to: rcahmw.gov.uk/about-us/corporate-information/re-use-of-public-sector-information-policy/#link4
Please note that when submitting information to your public Historic Environment Record or Sites and Monuments Record, it shall be in the public domain and used for legitimate purposes in line with the relevant Record’s conditions of use. Where the site is of a sensitive nature, locational information may be restricted when the data is made available.
Where specific consent under the copyright provisions governing the individual HER has been obtained for dissemination of HER data to third parties through publications, reports or theses, due acknowledgement of the use of the HER and of the originators of the material will be given.
Data submitted to the Home Front Legacy project will be held on the project database and used by the Council for British Archaeology and project partners for non-commercial purposes in furtherance of the project. Individuals and groups submitting recording data are, of course, free to use their data as they wish.
Copyright for site photographs attached to your recording remains with you but by submitting these with your recording form, you give permission for these to be held and made available in the relevant Historic Environment Record and, if appropriate, the Historic England Archive, Archwilio and National Monuments Records in Scotland and Wales. Consult your local HER for individual copyright guidance.
See Home Front Legacy 1914-18 terms and conditions.
If you are attaching associated documents, photographs and published information with your recording data please ensure these are not protected by copyright and include full archive reference sources.